Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

wyzer
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! Add the creation date of a parquet file into a DataFrame

Currently I load multiple parquet file with this code:df = spark.read.parquet("/mnt/dev/bronze/Voucher/*/*")(Inside the Voucher folder, there is one folder by date. Each one containing one parquet file)How can I add a column into this DataFrame, that...

• 2 replies
  • 12 kudos
Latest Reply
wyzer
Contributor II
  • 12 kudos

Thanks @Michail Karamanos​ 

• 12 kudos
1 More Replies
Yaswanth
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 18 kudos

Resolved! How can Delta table protocol version be downgraded from higher version to lower version the table properties minReader from 2 to 1 and MaxWriter from 5 to 3.

Is there a possibility to downgrade the Delta Table protocol versions minReader from 2 to 1 and maxWriter from 5 to 3? I have set the TBL properties to 2 and 5 and columnmapping mode to rename the columns in the DeltaTable but the other users are rea...

• 5 replies
  • 18 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 18 kudos

Hi @Yaswanth velkur, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Youssef Mrini​ and me​​, and I was checking back to see if our suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be hel...

• 18 kudos
4 More Replies
chiragnayyar
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! In person Databricks meetup in Singapore?

Hi I would like to know if anyone interested to volunteer in person Databricks meetup.Please share your thoughts, and we can talk further about the logistics Thank you

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Nice initiative @Chirag Nayyar​!

• 3 kudos
rgb
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration_pipeline.py failing to get default credentials

cat ~/.databrickscfg looks like this (with the correct token/host values in place of xxxxxx)[DEFAULT]host = xxxxxxtoken = xxxxxxjobs-api-version = 2.0The command I run to start the pipeline with default configured credentials is :sudo python3 migrati...

databrickserror
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Here I am getting this error when i execute left join on two data frame: PythonException: 'pyspark.serializers.SerializationError: Caused by Traceback (most recent call last): going to post full traceback:

I simply do left join on two data frame and both data frame content i was able to print.Here is the code looks like:-df_silver = spark.sql("select ds.PropertyID,\              ds.*             from dfsilver as ds LEFT JOIN dfaddmaster as dm \        ...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Dooley
Valued Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Did that answer your question? Did it work?

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
marcus1
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why does databricks https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/scim/scim-users.html#get-users take so long

I've been observing as we added more workspaces and users to those workspaces that fetching users per workspace is now taking 11 minutes or more.Our automation to provision group access is now unacceptably long. I've noted that the UI doesn't suffer...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
J_M_W
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Databricks is automatically creating a _apply_changes_storage table in the database when using apply_changes for Delta Live Tables

Hi there,I am using apply_changes (aka. Delta Live Tables Change Data Capture) and it works fine. However, it seems to automatically create a secondary table in the database metastore called _apply_storage_changes_{tableName}So for every table I use ...

image image
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
J_M_W
Contributor
  • 5 kudos

Hi - Thanks @Hubert Dudek​ I will look into disabling access for the users!

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
berserkersap
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to deal with Decimal data type arithmetic operations ?

I am dealing with values ranging from 10^9 to 10^-9 , the sum of values can go up to 10^20 and need accuracy. So I wanted to use Decimal Data type [ Using SQL in Data Science & Engineering workspace]. However, I got to know the peculiar behavior of D...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
berserkersap
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hello Everyone,I understand that there is no best answer for this question. So, I could only do the same thing I found when I surfed the net.The method I found works whenIf you know the range of values you deal with (not just the input data but also ...

• 0 kudos
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid port error when trying to read from PlanetScale MySQL databse

Using the code below I am attempting to connect to a PlanetScale MySQL database. I get the following error: java.sql.SQLException: error parsing url : Incorrect port value. However the port is the default 3306, and I have used the correct url based o...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Pat
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

HI @Rachel Cunningham​ ,maybe you can share your `driver` and `url` value (masked)?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
eques_99
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove a category (slice) from a Pie Chart

I added a grand total row to a "Count" in SQL, which I needed for some counter visualisations. I used the "ROLL UP" command to get the grand total.However, I have a pie chart which references the same count, and so the grand total row has been added...

Capture
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
eques_99
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

hi, as per the picture above, the slice disappears but the name ("null" in this case) remains on the legend.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Jayanth746
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Databricks <-> Kafka - SSL handshake failed

I am receiving SSL handshake error even though the trust-store I have created is based on server certificate and the fingerprint in the certificate matches the trust-store fingerprint.kafkashaded.org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SslAuthenticationExcept...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Jayanth Goulla​ , worth a try ,https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54903381/kafka-failed-authentication-due-to-ssl-handshake-failedDid you follow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/spark/latest/structured-streaming/kafka?

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
sharonbjehome
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Structered Streamin from MongoDB Atlas not parsing JSON correctly

HI all,I have a table in MongoDB Atlas that I am trying to read continuously to memory and then will write that file out eventually. However, when I look at the in-memory table it doesn't have the correct schema.Code here:from pyspark.sql.types impo...

image.png
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @sharonbjehome​ , This has to be checked thoroughly via a support ticket, did you follow: https://docs.databricks.com/external-data/mongodb.html Also, could you please check with mongodb support, Was this working before?

• 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors