Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

AJ270990
by Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Powerpoint file operations in Databricks

Hi Team, I am writing a python code in Azure Databricks where I have mounted a Azure storage and accessing the input dataset from Azure storage resource. I am accessing the input data from Azure storage and generating charts from that data in databri...

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Abhishek Jain​ Thanks for sending in your query. We are glad that you found a solution. Would you like to mark the answer as best so the other members can benefit from it too?Cheers!

• 3 kudos
7 More Replies
MarcoData01
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Is there the possibility to protect Init script folder on DBFS

Hi everyone,We are looking for a way to protect the folder where init script is hosted from editing.This because we have implemented inside init script a parameter that blocks the download file from R Studio APP Emulator and we would like to avoid th...

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Marco Data​ Thank you for sending in your question. It is awesome that you found a solution. Would you like to mark the answer as best so others can find the solution quickly?Cheers!

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
ChriChri
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Azure Databricks Delta live table tab is missing

In my Azure Databricks workspace UI I do not have the tab "Delta live tables". In the documentation it says that there is a tab after clicking on Jobs in the main menu. I just created this Databricks resource in Azure and from my understanding the DL...

• 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Chr Jon​ How are you doing? Thanks for posting your question. Just checking in to see if one of the answers helped, would you let us know?

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
Mark1
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Using Delta Tables without Time Travel features?

Hi Everyone / Experts,is it possible to use Delta Tables without the Time Travel features? We are primarily interested in using the DML Features (delete, update, merge into, etc)Thanks,Mark

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Mark1
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Thank you Hubert

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
haseebkhan1421
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How can I access python variable in Spark SQL?

I have python variable created under %python in my jupyter notebook file in Azure Databricks. How can I access the same variable to make comparisons under %sql. Below is the example:%python RunID_Goal = sqlContext.sql("SELECT CONCAT(SUBSTRING(RunID,...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Nirupam
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

You can use {} in spark.sql() of pyspark/scala instead of making a sql cell using %sql.This will result in a dataframe. If you want you can create a view on top of this using createOrReplaceTempView()Below is an example to use a variable:-# A variab...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
lukas_vlk
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Python Spark Job - error: job failed with error message The output of the notebook is too large.

Hi databricks experts. I am currently facing a problem with a submitted job run on Azure Databricks. Any help on this is very welcome. See below for details:Problem Description:I submitted a python spark task via the databricks cli (v0.16.4) to Azure...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
lukas_vlk
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Without any further changes from my side, the error has disappeard since 29.03.2022

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
susan1234567
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

I cannot access databricks community edition account

Last week, I cannot loginto https://community.cloud.databricks.com/login.html all of a sudden. I tried to set the password, also didn't receive the reset email. It says "Invalid email address or password Note: Emails/usernames are case-sensitive".I e...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Xueqing Liu​ , Please email your credentials to community@databricks.com with all the relevant screenshots and we shall help you resolve them.

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Sugumar_Sriniva
by New Contributor III
  • 12 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Data bricks cluster creation is failing while running the Cron job scheduling script through init script method from azure data bricks.

Dear connections,I'm unable to run a shell script which contains scheduling a Cron job through init script method on Azure Data bricks cluster nodes.Error from Azure Data bricks workspace:"databricks_error_message": "Cluster scoped init script dbfs:/...

• 12 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
User16764241763
Honored Contributor
  • 5 kudos

Hello @Sugumar Srinivasan​  Could you please enable cluster log delivery and inspect the INIT script logs in the below path dbfs:/cluster-logs/<clusterId>/init_scripts path.https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/configure.html#cluster-log-delivery-1

• 5 kudos
11 More Replies
weldermartins
by Honored Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 13 kudos

Hello everyone, I have a directory with 40 files. File names are divided into prefixes. I need to rename the prefix k3241 according to the name in the...

Hello everyone, I have a directory with 40 files.File names are divided into prefixes. I need to rename the prefix k3241 according to the name in the last prefix.I even managed to insert the csv extension at the end of the file. but renaming files ba...

Template
  • 5 replies
  • 13 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 13 kudos

Hi @welder martins​ How are you doing?Thank you for posting that question. We are glad you could resolve the issue. Would you want to mark an answer as the best solution?Cheers

• 13 kudos
4 More Replies
cristianc
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Is it required to run OPTIMIZE after doing GDPR DELETEs?

Greetings,I have been reading the excellent article from https://docs.databricks.com/security/privacy/gdpr-delta.html?_ga=2.130942095.1400636634.1649068106-1416403472.1644480995&_gac=1.24792648.1647880283.CjwKCAjwxOCRBhA8EiwA0X8hi4Jsx2PulVs_FGMBdByBk...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
cristianc
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

@Hubert Dudek​ thanks for the hint, exactly as written in the article VACUUM is required after the GDPR delete operation, however do we need to OPTIMIZE ZSORT again the table or is the ordering maintained?

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Constantine
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Unable to create a partitioned table on s3 data

I write data to s3 like data.write.format("delta").mode("append").option("mergeSchema", "true").save(s3_location)and create a partitioned table likeCREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS demo_table USING DELTA PARTITIONED BY (column_a) LOCATION {s3_location};whi...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @John Constantine​ , Did the above suggestions provided by @Hubert Dudek​ help your case?

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
Constantine
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Delta Table created on s3 has all null values

I have data in a Spark Dataframe and I write it to an s3 location. It has some complex datatypes like structs etc. When I create the table on top on the s3 location by using CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS table_name USING DELTA LOCATION 's3://.../...';Th...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @John Constantine​ , Did you try the above suggestions?

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
Krishscientist
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Py Spark Pandas Code diff

Hi Can you help me why Pandas code not working..but Pyspark is working..import pandas as pdpdf = pd.read_csv('/FileStore/tables/new.csv',sep=',')Error : No such file exists...below is worked..df = spark.read.csv("/FileStore/tables/new.csv", sep=",", ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Rafael Rockenbach​  and @Hubert Dudek​ , It was so nice to have your response. Thank you for the time you put into our community. I really want you to know how much we appreciate that.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
kdkoa
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Random SMTP authentication failures to Office 365 (Exchange)

Hey all-I have a python script running in databricks notebook which uses smtplib to connect and send email via our Exchange online server. At random times, it will start getting authentication failures and I can't figure out why. I've confirmed that ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

If message is "'bad username or password.'" my guess is that it is on Exchange side.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
athjain
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! How to query deltatables stored in s3 through databricks SQL Endpoint?

the delta tables after ETL are stored in s3 in csv or parquet format, so now question is how to allow databricks sql endpoint to run query over s3 saved files

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 7 kudos

Hey @Athlestan Jain​ How are you doing?Thanks for posting your question. Do you think you were able to resolve the issue?We'd love to hear from you.

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors