Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

nilton
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query table based on table_name from information_schema

Hi,I have one table that changes the name every 60 days. The name simple increases the number version, for example:* Firtst 60 days: table_name_v1. After 60 days: table_name_v2 and so on.What i want is to query the table wich name returned in the que...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
radothede
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

The simpliest way would be propably using spark.sql%py tbl_name = 'table_v1' df = spark.sql(f'select * from {tbl_name}') display(df) From there, You can simply create temporary view:%py df.createOrReplaceTempView('table_act')and query it using SQL st...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
rt-slowth
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

AutoLoader File notification mode Configuration with AWS

from pyspark.sql import functions as F from pyspark.sql import types as T from pyspark.sql import DataFrame, Column from pyspark.sql.types import Row import dlt S3_PATH = 's3://datalake-lab/XXXXX/' S3_SCHEMA = 's3://datalake-lab/XXXXX/schemas/' ...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
djhs
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Was this resolved? I run into the same issue

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! DLT with UC Access Denied sqs

I am going to use the newly released DLT with UC.But it keeps getting access denied. As I keep tracking the reasons, it seems that an account. ID other than my account ID or Databricks account ID is being requested.I cannot use '*' in principal attri...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Priyag1
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Every service on AWS, an SQS queue, and all the other services in your stack using that queue will be configured with minimal permissions, leading to access issues. So, make sure you get your IAM policies set up correctly before deploying to producti...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Red1
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Autoingest not working with Unity Catalog in DLT pipeline

Hey Everyone,I've built a very simple pipeline with a single DLT using auto ingest, and it works, provided I don't specify the output location. When I build the same pipeline but set UC as the output location, it fails when setting up S3 notification...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Red1
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Thanks @Kaniz, UC can connect to the S3 bucket and read the data but it fails when trying to set up the bucket notifications.I'll raise a ticket with support and post back here if I find a resolution.

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
israelst
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

DLT can't authenticate with kinesis using instance profile

When running my notebook using personal compute with instance profile I am indeed able to readStream from kinesis. But adding it as a DLT with UC, while specifying the same instance-profile in the DLT pipeline setting - causes a "MissingAuthenticatio...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
Unity Catalog
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Mathias_Peters
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi, were you able to solve this problem? If so, what was the solution?

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
brianbraunstein
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

spark.sql not supporting kwargs as documented

This documentation https://api-docs.databricks.com/python/pyspark/latest/pyspark.sql/api/pyspark.sql.SparkSession.sql.html#pyspark.sql.SparkSession.sql claims that spark.sql() should be able to take kwargs, such that the following should work:display...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
brianbraunstein
  • 0 kudos

Ok, it looks like Databricks might have broken this functionality shortly after it came out: https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/parameterized-spark-sql-not-working/m-p/57969/highlight/true#M30972

• 0 kudos
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete on streaming table and starting startingVersion

I deleted for mistake some records from a streaming table, and of course, the streaming job stopped working. So I restored the table at the version before the delete was done, and attempted to restart the job using the startingVersion to the new vers...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
QuantumFries
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Change {{job.start_time.[iso_date]}} Timezone

I am trying to schedule some jobs using workflows and leveraging dynamic variables. One caveat is that when I try to use {{job.start_time.[iso_date]}} it seems to be defaulted to UTC, is there a way to change it?

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi, all the dynamic values are in UTC (documentation). Maybe you can use the code like the one presented below + pass the variables between tasks (see Share information between tasks in a Databricks job) ? %python from datetime import datetime, timed...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
stevenayers-bge
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bug: Shallow Clone `create or replace` causing [TABLE_OR_VIEW_NOT_FOUND]

I am having an issue where when I do a shallow clone using :create or replace table `catalog_a_test`.`schema_a`.`table_a` shallow clone `catalog_a`.`schema_a`.`table_a` I get:[TABLE_OR_VIEW_NOT_FOUND] The table or view catalog_a_test.schema_a.table_a...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Omar_hamdan
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi StevenThis is really a strange issue. First let's exclude some possible causes for this. We need to check the following:- The permission to table A and Catalog B. take a look at the following link to check what permission is needed: https://docs.d...

• 0 kudos
Abbe
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update data type of a column within a table that has a GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY-column

I want to cast the data type of a column "X" in a table "A" where column "ID" is defined as GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY. Databricks refer to overwrite to achieve this: https://docs.databricks.com/delta/update-schema.htmlThe following operation:(spar...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
RajuBolla
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Update is not working but delete is when i changed to DEFAULT property AnalysisException: UPDATE on IDENTITY column "XXXX_ID" is not supported.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Devsql
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to find that given Parquet file got imported into Bronze Layer ?

Hi Team,Recently we had created new Databricks project/solution (based on Medallion architecture) having Bronze-Silver-Gold Layer based tables. So we have created Delta-Live-Table based pipeline for Bronze-Layer implementation. Source files are Parqu...

Data Engineering
Azure Databricks
Bronze Job
Delta Live Table
Delta Live Table Pipeline
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
mamiya
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ODBC PowerBI 2 commands in one query

Hello everyone,I'm trying to use the ODBC DirectQuery option in PowerBI, but I keep getting an error about another command. The SQL query works while using the SQL Editor. Do I need to change the setup of my ODBC connector?DECLARE dateFrom DATE = DA...

mamiya_0-1714651686806.png mamiya_3-1714651948145.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
amitkmaurya
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to increase executor memory in Databricks jobs

May be I am new to Databricks that's why I have confusion.Suppose I have worker memory of 64gb in Databricks job max 12 nodes...and my job is failing due to Executor Lost due to 137 (OOM if found on internet).So, to fix this I need to increase execut...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Fnazar
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Billing of Databricks Job clusters

Hi All,Please help me understand how the billing is calculated for using the Job cluster.Document says they are charged hourly basis, so if my job ran for 1hr 30mins then will be charged for the 30mins based on the hourly rate or it will be charged f...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors